Tuesday 17 December 2013

Get Ready With Me: Christmas Party

Christmas is getting closer and closer guys!
Sunday just gone (15th) I had my work Christmas Party, and so I thought it would be fun to have a go at a 'Get Ready With Me' post. I love watching these sort of videos and thought I'd give a go at translating it in to a post!

So here it is!


So lets start out with the face!


To start out I primed my face with my Garnier 5sec Perfect Blur. Once all lovely and blurred I applied a thin covering of my Avon Ideal Flawless foundation, then a thin layer of my B. Naked  foundation to keep my colouring as natural as possible. Once dry I used my Mac Pro Longwear concealer brought out for special occasions or when my skin is particularly bad, to just hide any blemishes. Finally I set all this with a sweep of my Maybelline Fit Me! powder. 
To colour my cheeks I used my MUA blush in shade 1 on the apples of my cheeks. For lips I used one of my favourite lipsticks the Barry M Magic Lipstick, I also topped this with a NYC lip gloss in a bright pink shade that I forgot to photograph. This was the perfect lip combo for the evening as the lipstick doesn't budge and to keep it looking vibrant all that is needed is a slick of gloss to brighten it up. Perfect!


My eyes I kept really simple as I was pushed for time. To start I filled in my brows using my Maybelline brow pencil, then added my NXY Eyebrow Cake on top to add more depth and definition. Finally finishing with a sweep of my Maybelline Browdrama to keep it all in place. 
To give my eyes a little bit of sparkle I used one of my favourite eye shadow/shimmers by Collection, Dazzle Me! in Magical - its amazing like fairy dust. It has a slight gold undertone, so pretty.
Once all lightly sparkeld I added a thick sweeping cat line of my Revlon Colour Stay liner and a generous helping of Natural Collection Lash Length mascara. 
And then my makeup was done!

Annoyingly your can't see the shimmer! But its there I promise just too subtle I guess!

Love this pretty combination!


Hair again is super simple I used my faithful ghd's to give my hair soft curls. Once cool I love to comb through my curls to give them a soft, fluffy, natural finish. Then using a pump of argon oil I rub this through the curls to keep them shiny and hydrated.

The completed hair and makeup. 
I wanted to keep it simple and flawless look as my dress is sparkly!


For nails I picked a contrasting yellow to go with my blue dress, this ones by Miss Sporty.


My dress is from Lipsy, Shoes and Bag both from New Look and Necklace George at Asda.


I don't have a full photo of the outfit, but I do have this rather sassy picture taken on the night!

Suits me no?

Hope this post wasn't too long for you!
Let me know what you think :)

8 More Days!

Jeni x





1 comment:

  1. Good Post, I am a big believer in posting comments on sites to let the blog writers know that they’ve added something advantageous to the world wide web satta matka and sattamatka and matka..

    ReplyDelete