Wednesday 12 February 2014

Simple Valentines Day Look

With Valentines Day lurking around the corner I thought it would be kinda nice to do a little hair and make-up look for the day. So far I think my boyfriend's plan for the day is to go out in the stormy, windy, rainy weather that's creating all kinds of devastation across the south-east of England at the moment, and I quote, 'test our waterproofs out'. Super romantic, I know. But its time spent together, plus I get a Domino's pizza at the end of the day!

The make-up look is super easy and very natural looking perfect if your like me and don't like anything too over the top and the hair is cute and girly.

So lets start with the list of make-up I used to achieve the look:


For starters I primed my face with my MUA Matte Perfect Primer to give an even complexion. Then I used my Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation, all over my face. For a cheeky burst of colour I applied my MUA blusher in Bubble Gum to the apples of my cheeks, then swept a little highlighter across the top of my cheeks, I used the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter. (I bought a few new MUA products so I've been trying them out!) Using my Maybelline New York Brow Pencil and Brow Drama Brow Mascara I filled in my brows to help frame my face. Next up is the eyes....

MUA Glamour Days Eye Shadow Pallette

Click the photo to enlarge for a better image.

Taking shadow 1 a pale gold colour, I applied this all over my lid just using my ring finger(1). Next up I used shadow 2 a slightly darker gold colour, I applied this from the center of my eye, out (2) Again just using my finger. Final shadow 3, a pretty pink colour, I applied this to the outer corner of the eye (3). All 3 of these colours are fairly shimmery so they make the eye appear bright. After applying my shadows I used my MUA Waterproof Liquid Liner to draw a thin-ish line along my eye with a gentle flick at the end(4). Then a quick slick of L'Oreal's Lash Millions Mascara in Ultra Black(5) and I'm almost done! The Finishing touch is highlighting my brow. With such shimmery shadows my brows needed a little lift and to do this I used my NXY Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese to draw a line under my brow and over(6), then blend it out with my ring finger (7).

Lastly I used a combination of Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake and L'Oreal Caresse in Rose Mademoiselle to create a subdued pink pout.


My hair style is simple but effective looking. Start by dividing hair into a deep side part and continue it down to the nape of the neck so you have 2 sections. Clip the biggest section to the side out the way. Then dutch braid in a diagonal line towards the back of your head and tie off. To create some girly dimension to my hair I used my Babyliss Curling wand to create some deep curls to the hair that I had left. Sweeping all hair to one side (the side we curled) pull the braid through so it rest next to your neck. Pull out the hair elastic and get a grip on your 3 strands of braid. Add a little section of hair (from the curled hair) to the strand furthest from your face, then braid once. Then add another little section of hair, to the same side and braid again. Continue this till you are almost fully down your hair, then braid normally and tie off. So we only added hair to one side of the braid, this is called a lace braid. I'll do a post of different braids in the future so you'll get to know what I'm taking about in my hair posts. So if these instructions were confusing, (which I assume they were!) click HERE to see the video where I learnt how to do this :) 

The completed look. Natural looking and girly. And yes I burnt my neck with my wand.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you try the look out! And remember you don't have to have a partner to feel special on Valentines Day. Have a day to pamper yourself and relax. Self Love is the most important Love of all :)

Jeni x






No comments:

Post a Comment