Tuesday 29 April 2014

Foundation Review | George Mousse Foundation

Like everyone else I'm always looking out for the perfect foundation and so I'm willing to give anything ago whether it be the cheapest of the cheap or something a bit more high end. This foundation I'm reviewing today is the Asda own brand George Skin Perfection Mousse Foundation.

Information

Brand | George @ Asda
Product | Skin Perfection Mouse Foundation
Shade | No.1 Porcelain
Size | 20g
Price | £6 but I bought it at introductory price of £3
Would I re-purchase | Yes!


So let me start off by saying I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation. It comes in a little glass tub with a black plastic lid. When I purchased mine there were only two available colours porcelain and ivory beige. I recently checked the website and it now shows another two shades natural beige and honey beige, so four in total. 
When buying foundations I always opt for the lightest shade even though I'm olive toned all foundations oxidise on my skin making them darker so the lighter I go the more chance it will oxidise to the right colour for me!


The consistency of this foundation is a mousse, its really light and silky, and once smoothed in it creates a light powdered look. It gives surprisingly good coverage I'd say a light medium coverage which could be built up to full coverage. Its also scentless.

Click to enlarge!


For me, the best way to apply, is using my miracle complexion sponge (review HERE) slightly damp, and gently patting the product onto my skin. I quite often get dry patches on my nose and in between my eyebrows and this does stick to it but using my sponge damp helps the blending in process and using this technique I find a little goes a long way.


It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, its almost like not wearing anything at all. It last pretty well and doesn't look cakey and has a nice natural finish to it. 
What I like about this, is that it doesn't boast anything. All it advertises is smooth and silky coverage, which it delivers and there's no way to be let down. 
This has actually become one of my all time favourite foundations. It doesn't help my crazy oily-face, which of course I didn't expect but it does give good natural coverage, is purse friendly and is nice to apply. 
I look so tiered in all of these!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Have a great day!

Jen x


No comments:

Post a Comment