Wednesday 9 April 2014

Review | Soap&Glory Puffy Eye Attack Turbo Boost Hydragel


Its a fact of life I think, that we all suffer with dark circles, puffy eyes and bags due to our sleep patterns and life styles. And in my opinion my dark circles are not as bad as some but they are definitley visible along with a deepish line indicating a little bit of eye baggage. So I thought it was high time I try to make them a little bit less noticeable. 
My efforts at concealing them with concealer/foundation are sadly rejected by my face. It always creases and under my eyes end up looking worse that it was before and more noticeable. So when I came across this on sale I thought I would give it ago.

Information

Brand | Soap & Glory
Product | Puffy Eye Attack Turbo-Boost Hydragel
Price | £12.50 but I got it for £6.25
Size | 14ml
Packaging | Pink cardboard box with a white plastic tub inside, both embossed with the Soap&Glory logo
Would I repurchase | No


Ingredients

Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate,PEG-8, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Caffeine, Disodium EDTA, Trideceth-6, C12-16 Alcohols, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Superoxide Dismutase, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Benzoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Ammonium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Punica Granatum Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Dextran Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Sophora Japonica Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Nicotiana Sylvestris Leaf Cell Culture


What it claims

"Loaded with anti-dark circle and anti-puff BOTANICAL PEPTIDES, detoxifying OXYGINSENG™ TECHNOLOGY, HYPER HYDRATORS and COOL-CUCUMBER-X™, Soap & Glory™ Puffy Eye Attack™ is a fast-acting, de-bloating, skin-firming, collagen-boosting GENIUS IN A JAR!"
  • Tackles dark circles and puff
  • Firms, tones, rehydrates
  • Boosts collagen production
  • Helps kick-start stagnant undereye circulation
  • Cools, soothes and moisturises
  • Perfectly balanced for all skin types

So the product itself is scent free and a gel like consistency. A little bit of this goes along way so its been lasting me very well. I've been using it for approximately 2 and a half months now both morning and night. At first impressions the gel is very nice to apply, its cool and blends in very well. 



As a makeup base for under eye it fails. Every time I apply a little bit of concealer or dab some foundation anywhere near where I applied this, it rubs and beads up and I'm left with little white blobs around my eyes that I have to try and sweep away with a brush.
As for its Puffy Eye Attacking yes my eye puffyness diminishes but I believe that is to do with fully waking up and the fluid draining from around my eyes.
My dark circles haven't changed much. I wake up and I have dark circles. When I go to bed they are still fully visible, but maybe ever so slightly less dark.
Under my eye area does feel moisturised which is good as that always helps in combating the signs of aging. But I think all in all I'm pretty disappointed in this. I recently looked at some reviews on boots.com about the product and near all of them raved about this product. So clearly it works well for some people, but sadly it hasn't worked well for me, so its a definite no repurchase.

Have you tried any eye creams that work wonders for you?
Any concealers that won't crease up?

Have a great day!

Jeni x

No comments:

Post a Comment