Friday 16 May 2014

Review | TRESemme Keratin Smooth



Information

Brand | TRESemme Expert Selection
Product | 7 Day Smooth System Heat Activated Treatment
Size | 120ml
Price | £6.99
What it claims | TRESemmé 7-Day Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment is a first-to-market breakthrough in new generation hair technology. Using Heat Activated Polymers, this brand new formula is activated simply by using hair straighteners to provide long lasting, salon looking hair that stays beautifully smooth for seven days, and up to three washes. 



To use this product you first start with towel dried hair. It says to use 8-10 pumps of product on medium length hair, in my opinion that is far too much! My hair is about boob length and I use a maximum of 3 pumps. You get a lot of product out in just one pump. So I'd say for short hair 1 pump, mid length 2 and long 3 to 3 1/2 pumps.



I actually really like the scent its smells like a sweet. It works into the hair really easy and doesn't feel greasy. It says to blow dry hair and then straighten, although the blow dry isn't mandatory. Once hairs dry, for best results straighten in sections. This product does make my hair feel really smooth and sleek. I tend to wash my hair about twice a week so the smoothy-sleekness last till I wash my hair again. I don't think it last through a wash. If I don't re-apply my hair isn't as smooth as it is if I do apply it. 



It does say to use with straighteners, so I'd assume its meant just for straight hair. So I did do a few tests with curling my hair to see whether my hair had some nice smoothness in its curls, and no it doesn't work as well with curling your hair as it does with straightening it.

Just one pump of product.

The product itself is very runny and quite a thin consistency. So like I said before it just spreads through your hair with ease. The scent does linger for a few hours after the hair is straightened but not all day. 
All in all I do like this product and I think if your a fan of sleek, straight locks its worth a purchase!

Have a great day y'all!

Jen x










No comments:

Post a Comment