Monday 29 September 2014

DIY | Rosemary Conditioner

Recently I've been loving this really easy to make DIY conditioner. The main 'active' ingredient is Rosemary Oil. Why rosemary oil? Because it has a whole host of benefits for your hair and it smells amazing too! Its been keeping my hair soft and manageable and the scent is so minty and refreshing!


Some of the top benefits of rosemary oil is it can be used as a hair growth enabler,it  helps with unexplained hair fallout and aids in repairing damaged hair bringing back its bounce and shine!
It also targets the bacteria that clogs the hair follicle.

But today I am focusing on 'repairing damage' and keeping my hair looking healthy with a simple leave in conditioner.



Start off by filling your clean spray bottle with water and then pouring it in to a jug. Microwave in high heat for 1 minute, it should be boiling.



Add 10-15 drops of rosemary oil into your boiling water and give it a good stir.


This part is optional but I like to add in a teaspoon of conditioner and again give it a good stir.


Wait for your rosemary conditioner to be fully cooled before transferring it in to your spray bottle.


I like to use this after I've gotten out of the shower on wet/damp hair and as a morning refresh for day 2 hair!

This conditioner is so easy and quick to make and smells great so give it ago and let me know what you think!

I plan to do a little more research on applying rosemary oil to the scalp as a massage oil and find out which would be the best carrier oil for it, I'm thinking Castor Oil? If you already know let me know!

Thanks for reading!

Have a great day!

Jen x

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post!! If its about hair care, I'm definitely on the boat!
    I love how this is an easy, multi-benefit DIY project! I've been trying to grow my hair out and I've been trying to keep my hair healthy for over a year! I hope this helps! :)
    Thank you so much for this!!

    -Mary | wndr14lnds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Same here I've been growing my hair for the last two years and its so much harder to keep long hair healthy!
      Jen x

      Delete