Tuesday 14 October 2014

Review | The Body Shop Aqua Boost Sorbet


Information

Brand | The Body Shop
Product | Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet
Size | 50ml
Price | £12
Purchased From | The Body Shop [Store]
Made In | UK
Description | Cooling facial moisturiser
Would I re-purchase | Yes

Ingredients 

Aqua/Water (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Silica (Absorbent), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2 (Absorbent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Film Former), Ammonium Polyacrylolydimethyl Taurate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), C12-13 Pareth-23 (Surfactant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), C12-13 Pareth-3 (Emulsifier), Menthoxypropanediol (Flavour), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colorant).


This delicious little sorbet comes in a frosted glass pot that makes this product feel so much more expensive than it actually is. It has an ultra light formula that just smells amazing. Its so fresh and clean and absoloutley lovely.

On application it feels so soft and silky. The texture though is a little bit 'fluffy' and can feel a little [soft]gritty, which I can see as bit of a turn off for some as it is not what I would consider the norm when faced with other gel-like moisturisers.

It has a soft cooling sensation which  is amplified by a little fanning of the face and I found ideal when I was on my recent holiday in Lanzarote. But one thing I will say is that it did not travel well.

I put it in my luggage with all of my other beauty supplies, and while unpacking I noticed all my other products felt wet and smelt like my aqua boost sorbet. Needless to say there had been a little explosion and my sorbet had leaked everywhere causing a loss of about a quarter of my jar! Which, I won't lie, left me a little devastated! My fiance believes its due an altitude reaction between the plastic lid and glass jar. So if you take it abroad airborne, wrap it up!


The Sorbet is easily absorbed in to skin leaving it feeling clean and hydrated. Once absorbed you are left with a soft matte finish, ideal for a makeup base.

Its great for all skin types and packed full of lovely ingredients such as Soya Oil, that is Community Fair Trade Organic, Vitamin E and Wheatgerm Oil, which all aid in keeping the skin soft, hydrated and help fight skin damage and wrinkles. To add to that its also Paraben Free, and at the time of my purchase I was told that it also rivals some of the more high end products as the same technology/formulas are used with in them!
A win I say!

I really do enjoy using this product and will defiantly go back for more! I currently use it as a day cream as now we are edging in to autumn/winter I like a heavier/thicker cream for night time.

Hope you've enjoyed this review! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment